Submitted or in preparation (available upon request)
Losapio G*, Genes L*, Knight CJ*, McFadden TN*, Pavan P*. Monitoring and modelling the effects of ecosystem engineers on ecosystem functioning. In review, Functional Ecology. *All authors contributed equally McFadden TN, Dirzo R. Harnessing multilayer networks to predict metacommunity responses to global environmental change. In review, Ecological Monographs. Pre-print available here.
McFadden TN, Navedo JG, Biscarra G, Dirzo R. Current spatiotemporal configuration of tree plantations exacerbates negative impacts on Chilean forest birds. In preparation.
McFadden TN, Navedo JG, Biscarra G, Dirzo R. Occurrence probability underestimates timber plantation impacts on a forest generalist hummingbird. In preparation.
7. Biscarra G, McFadden TN, Donoso PJ, Ponce DB, Ruiz J, Navedo JG. 2021. Short-term avian responses to experimental variable-density thinning: Initial stand attributes outweigh effects of management in Austral temperate rainforests. Forest Ecology and Management 502:119711. PDF
6. Freeland M*, Navedo JG, McFadden TN. 2020. Pollination patterns by Green-backed Firecrown hummingbirds. Journal of Emerging Investigators 3: 1-7. PDF * Lead author Marty Freeland completed this work in 8th and 9th grade under my supervision. JEI is a peer-reviewed journal for papers lead-authored by middle and high school students.
5. McFadden TN, Biscarra G, Ruiz J, Navedo JG. 2019. Recommended band sizes and a novel technique for sexing immature Green-backed Firecrown hummingbirds (Sephanoides sephaniodes). Ornitología Neotropical 30: 179-184. PDF
4. McFadden TN, Dirzo RD. 2018. Opening the silvicultural toolbox: a new framework for conserving biodiversity in Chilean timber plantations. Forest Ecology and Management 425:75-84. PDF
3. McFadden TN, Herrera AG, Navedo JG. 2017. Waterbird responses to regular passage of a birdwatching tour boat: Implications for wetland management. Journal for Nature Conservation 40:42-48. PDF
2. McFadden TN, Kauffman JB, Bhomia R. 2016. Effects of nesting waterbirds on nutrient levels in mangroves, Gulf of Fonseca, Honduras. Wetlands Ecology and Management 24(2):217-229. PDF
1. Bhomia RK, Kauffman JB, McFadden TN. Ecosystem carbon stocks of mangrove forests along the Pacific and Caribbean coasts of Honduras. Wetlands Ecology and Management 24(2):187-201. PDF